Criminal Justice Research Topics for Research Papers
Last Updated: 19 October 2021
Immediately someone asks you “what is criminal justice?” law enforcement, victims, the courts, crimes, the law, prison systems, and justice, among others come to mind. Thinly defined, criminal justice refers to a system used by governments to mitigate or prevent the occurrence of crimes within and beyond their jurisdictions. Criminal justice sanctions violators of the law while maintaining peace and the rule of law or order. You must note that different parts of the world have different criminal justice systems.
Research statistics indicate that criminal justice assignments come second after the law or legal studies assignments. Notably, the two are tough and give students a headache to complete.
Writing a criminal justice research paper requires accuracy, keenness, and patience. Besides, you have to use credible scholarly sources to support the facts and ideas in your paper.
However, it is always prudent to first find outstanding and unique criminal justice research topics. This here is the most challenging task that students undertake. Some even fear to construct criminal justice research paper topics. Instead, they will ask themselves “what topics are there involving criminal justice for a research paper.”
This list of potential criminal justice research topics answers the question “what are some good research paper topics in criminal justice.”
In this article, you will find over 100 plus criminal justice research topic ideas. When handing your criminal justice assignment, you can always trust our paper writing help agency for assistance.
Defining Criminal Justice Research Paper
So, what is a criminal justice research paper? You may ask. Criminal justice research papers or writing assignments are taken by law students or those pursuing criminology. They are papers that mostly deal with crime and justice.
With criminal justice studies, students are taught how to identify crime, analyze it, prevent it, and look into different illegal acts. It entails the analysis of legislation, court studies, and examination of various theories of crime and peace.
When writing a criminology research paper, it is paramount that you choose an excellent criminal justice research topic. However, you must note that a criminal justice research paper topic must take into consideration the heterogeneity of legislations from state to state.
Sometimes, if it is a broad criminal justice paper, going international through exploring different case studies and sources of conflict can always be prudent.
After choosing a good topic, you should come up with a great thesis statement for a research paper. Besides, you should be willing to format the paper and proofread it before submitting it. If it is an argumentative research paper, be sure to indicate the arguments for and against then draw a strong conclusion.
Criminology Topics for Research Paper
- The portrayal of domestic violence in the media
- Impacts of domestic violence on children
- Exploring and critiquing theories of crime
- Integration of former prisoners into the community
- Relationship between unemployment and the rise of gangs and crimes in the U.S.
- How intelligence affects crime rates
- Impacts of drunk driving on rising accident statistics
- Online fraud and global banking systems
- Violence against the homeless
- Elderly abuse in nursing homes
- Does capital punishment deter crime?
- The war on drugs
- Gun violence in the U.S.
- Hate Crimes in the United States
- Police brutality in the US
- Does crime mapping help prevent crime?
- Criminal record systems
- Cyberbullying and cyberstalking: the mediating role of technology.
- Organized crime and transnational crime
- The rise of homegrown terrorists
- The link between organized crime and terrorism.
- Victimless crimes
- The social production of crime
- Predictors of criminal behavior
- Rates of Recidivism and Race
- Professional crime and crime within an organization pose special problems for the theories of crime because many of those involved have high social status. Why should this be a problem and how can such crimes explain?
- When does the use of professional discretion cross ethical boundaries?
Controversial Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Limited Rights of police officers.
- Causes of college or campus violence.
- The use of body cameras in law enforcement.
- Ethics of different crime punishments.
- Racial biases in investigations in the US.
- Connecting Crime and Modern Music like Hip Hop and Rock.
- Legal codes used in America
- Sexual exploitation by media personalities and the rich in America
- Gun violence and prevention policies
- Criminal justice reforms in the US.
- Youth offenders and Bootcamps
- Detention of immigrants in squalid conditions.
- Abuse of power by criminal justice practitioners
- Zero tolerance policy and crime rates
- Drugs, human, and arms trafficking in the contemporary world
- Prostitution and human trafficking
- A wave of financial crimes and their connection to terrorism.
- Private prisons
- Prison labor
- Prison-industrial complex
- Criminalization of poverty
- Medical marijuana and crime rates.
- The Rise of Punitive Criminal Justice Policy in the United States.
- Race and politics of criminal justice.
International Law Assignment Topics
- International criminal law treaties.
- The role of Interpol in fighting international crime.
- Amnesty international and criminal justice systems.
- Women and international criminal law.
- Controversial decisions made by the ICC, ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia), and the ICTR (International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda).
- Child soldiers in Africa. A case of Sudan, Somalia, and Congo.
- Blood minerals
- Methods used in drug trafficking
- Famous and notorious arms trafficking routes globally
- International offenders
- The global fight against corruption and socio-economic crimes
- Human rights violations in Sudan or Uganda.
- Transnational crimes and international laws.
- International criminal tribunals.
- Human right violations during wars
- The role of the International Criminal Court
- Crimes against humanities
- How may English law and social polic‹‹y impact upon the lives of those who come into contact with services‹‹?
Reasonable Criminology Research Topics
- Juvenile delinquency treatment program in a community of choice
- Crime Victim processing
- Importance of recognizing the signs of stalking
- Criminal definition of stalking in your jurisdiction
- Offender processing
- Criminalization of poverty
- Stricter laws and gun possession
- Strategies to reduce economic crimes
- Gender bias in investigations
- Criminal Justice reforms
- Juvenile detention procedures
- Incarcerated parents and crime
- Digital Storytelling as a Crime Prevention Initiative for High-Risk Communities
Criminal Justice Research Topics (Crime and Communities)
- Civilian review boards
- Gang identities
- Prison architecture and construction
- Community policing and crime
- Policing protest
- Criminalizing activism and protest
- Juvenile justice
- Criminalization and disaster
- Reentry of prisoners
- The families of prisoners
- Forensics and investigations
- Parole and probation and crime
- Child protection services
- Legalization of sex work would decrease the number of violent sexual crimes
- Selection of jury
- Women in prison
- Criminalization of the youth of color
- Censorship and surveillance
- Racial discrimination among prisoners
- Racial discrimination during arrests
- Discrimination during the negotiation process
- Immigrants and rates of crime and incarceration
- The profile of famous American prisoners
- Rap music and the connection between crime and gangs
- Restorative justice processes and procedures
- Child abduction cases
- Social control theory
- Crime control theories
- Victimization theories
- Social learning methods
- Transitional justice
- Methods of interrogations
- Attorney honesty and the rule of law
- White-collar crime
- Nigerian Nationals and Online Fraud
- Mandatory sentencing
- Jury nullification
- Wrongful convictions
- DUI policies
- Civilian review boards
- Identity theft and digital media
- Legacy of Rodney King
- Forensic processing of crime scenes
- Overcriminalization and decriminalization in the USA
- Planted evidence
- Men's rea and Actus rea
- Intellectual property laws
- Preventing football hooliganism
- False confessions
- Explain why both communications and decision-making are important within law enforcement organizations.
More Criminology and Criminal Justice Research Topics and Ideas
Below are some of the most exciting and good topics for your criminal justice paper. We have also included some questions that can give you topic ideas for your papers.
- The school-prison pipeline
- The challenges of the prison system
- Sustaining prison populations
- Key principles of crime prevention
- Use of criminalistics to narrow down to specific crime suspects
- Role of interprofessional collaboration in corruption and fraud investigation
- Steps of investigating a crime scene
- Role of secondary crime scenes in corroborating witness accounts
- Legal perspectives of cybercrime
- Revenge leaks, trolling, and defamation as serious internet crimes
- Internet vigilantism
- Long-term effects of school suspensions on adult crime
- Impacts of domestic violence on crime
- Role of mass media in fighting crime
- Problem-Oriented Policing vs. Community Oriented Policing
- Understanding criminal behavior through Differential Association Theory
- The perspective of Foucault and Becker on Crime and Punishment
- Governmentality and the problem of crime
- Governmentalization of the State and Criminal Law
- Legal and Social perspectives of crime commission
- Recent innovations in experimental criminology
- Benefits and challenges of sex offender registry
- The process of jury selection
- Zero-tolerance policies and the school to prison pipeline
- Role of probability and statistics in criminology
- Sexual assault in schools and workplaces
- Sexual predation among the clergy
- Are the theory of rational choice and deterrence theory relevant today?
- Understanding crime of passion
- Main components of the criminal justice system
- Preventing wildlife crime
- Role of forensic science in wildlife crimes
- Understanding felony disenfranchisement laws
- Prison violence and rape
- Link between substance abuse and crime
- Mertons Anomie theory in explaining crime
- Identity theft in the digital age
- How online predators identify their victims
- Role and functions of forensic science in the modern criminal justice system
- Terrorism in perspective: control, characteristics, and causes
- Types of serial killers
- Building an offender profile
- Alternative sentencing for juveniles
- Types of punishments in criminal justice system
- Information sharing technology and collaboration in fight against terrorism
- Role of national security bodies
- Role of technology in modern forensics
- Problems that law enforcement solves today
- Understanding similarities and differences: manslaughter, murder, and homicide
- Effects of gun control strategies in America
- Role of the president in the criminal justice system
- Classifying the type of offenders
- Crime mapping in the contemporary world
- Victimization theories
- Rights and privileges of rape victims
- Three-strike rule and mandatory sentencing
- How hate crime develops
- Challenges of street gangs
- Modus operandi of youth gangs
- How fieldwork is done in criminology
- The place of distributive justice in criminal justice
- The effectiveness of three-strike laws
- Problem-solving courts: structure, operations, and functions
- Abolition of capital punishment
- Link between religion and crime
- How to prevent campus crime
- Criminal trial process
- Role of code of ethics for criminal justice departments
- Florida and Maryland legislative frameworks
- Role of code of ethics for Texas department of criminal justice
- Copyright and discoveries of researchers
- Role of intellectual property rights in preventing fraud in the scientific field
- How prosecution laws are applied
- Cyberstalking and cyberbullying: Role of parents and teachers
- Detecting and preventing forgery cases in educational institutions, government agencies, and workplaces
- How drug courts operate
- Classification of crime systems
- Countries with the best criminal justice systems
- Countries with the lowest crime rates
- Role of expert witnesses in criminal trials
- Is pornography a form of sexual violence?
- Criminal codes in various states for concealed weapons
- Correlation between race and crime
- Role of racial discrimination in criminal justice
- Registry of sexual offenders should be made public
- Helicopter parenting and juvenile delinquency
- Employees should be checked for a criminal background
- Should and employee be informed about their background checks?
- Drug testing when employing law enforcement officers
- Immigrant children and delinquency
- Can restrictive housing help decongest prisons?
- How to combat homegrown crimes
- Effectiveness of predictive policing
- Is selective incapacitation an effective crime management policy?
- Role of social class in crime
- Can death penalty deter crime?
- Is extradition law fair?
- Devious interrogation: are they valid?
- Effectiveness of the REID interrogation technique
- The effectiveness of the PEACE interrogation technique
- Kinesic interview and terrorist suspects
- Supermax prisons
- Pros and cons of decriminalization of marijuana
- Legalization of marijuana in the United States
- How crime thrives in Mexico and columbia
- Link between prostitution and community policing
- Use of predictive policing to fight and prevent crime
- Link between housing and crime
- Can neighbourhood influence criminal behavior?
- Is having youthful offenders in boot camps an effective strategy?
- Understanding the motivations of Jack, the Reaper
- Is the modern criminal justice racist?
- Reliability of eyewitness testimony
- Methods to combat international drug trafficking rings
- Crime commission during emergencies
- Gender disparity in the criminal justice system
- Impacts of solitary confinement
- The efficacy of the drug courts
- Impacts of prison to children of the incarcerated parents
- Relationship between people and the police in America
- Understanding the challenges of the elderly in prison
- Strategies for truth and reconciliation
- Transnational crime: motivations and prevention
- Role of international cooperation in criminal justice
- Globalization and trends in crime
- The theology of crime, punishment, and redemption
- Therapeutic jurisprudence
- Role of the religious authorities and the clergy in fighting crime
- Cults, religious extremism, and crime
- Role and impacts of NGOs in crime prevention
- Community crime prevention strategies
- Effective community policing strategies
- Causes of urban insecurity
- Professionalization of criminal justice
- Fear of crime and crime
- Restorative justice: what is it?
- Victim assistance
- Media construction of criminals and crime
- Indigenous justice: is it effective?
- Trafficking in protected species
- How organized criminals operate
- Elderly victimization
- Understanding property crime
- Profiling sex crimes
- Gangs and organized crimes
- Detecting environmental crimes
- Role of crime and Terrorism in National & International Decisions & Interventions
- Citation and content analysis in criminology
- Edge ethnography in criminology studies
- DAWN and ADAM programs
- Wrongful convictions in the USA
- Exploring careers in Forensic Science or Criminology
- Role of crime scene investigations
Criminology Research topics and Ideas
- History of criminology
- Legal and social perspectives of crime commission
- Public policies and criminology
- Criminology is a social science
- The link between crime and age
- The link between criminal behavior and immigrant status
- Ownership of firearms and law violations
- Exerted aggression and chances of crime commission
- Impacts of educational level on white-collar crime
- Is football hooliganism a crime?
- Social status and crime
- Citizenship and crime
- Why so many homeless people commit crimes
- Sources of violence in society
- The link between mental health and law violation
- Is marijuana to blame for criminal behavior
Budget management in criminal justice organizations
Hiring and training officers
Affirmative action policies in criminal justice agencies
Diversity in policing/criminal justice organizations
Management and labor union relations in criminal justice organizations
Promotion in criminal justice organizations
Officer and staff recruitment
Internal investigations in criminal justice organizations
Impact of excessive use of force on criminal justice organizations
Diversity in criminal justice organizations
Usage of less-than-lethal force in law enforcement
Use of undercover officers
Gender issues in criminal justice management (hiring, promotion, discrimination, etc.)
Impact of Homeland Security and federal funding on state and local criminal justice organizations
Retirement age in criminal justice agencies
Staffing issues in prisons
Prison overcrowding and its impact on staffing
Educational opportunities for criminal justice personnel
Understaffing of juvenile system and its impact on children
Usage of alternatives to incarceration
Workplace stress in criminal justice organizations
Use of conductive energy devices by police
The problem with rank in criminal justice organizations
Criminology Topic Ideas based on Criminology Theories
- Using theoretical integration to explain crime
- Social learning theory and criminal behavior
- How the structures within society pressure citizens to commit a crime
- Impacts of social media policing on crime
- The social construction of crime
- Neighborhood ecological characteristics correspond with crime rates
- Criminal behavior as a social response
- Wrongful convictions and racism in law enforcement
- How life events can affect the criminal behavior of individuals
- Understanding criminal behavior from the psychological perspective
- Using routine activities theory to explain the propensity to commit a crime
- Dominant crime theories exclude women
- Criminal behavior can be influenced through social interactions
- Vandalism of public infrastructure: Causes, consequences, and remedies
- Corruption in sports: The role of law enforcement
- Impacts of mass violence on society
- Victimization of vulnerable populations
- Biological and classic theories of crime
- Labeling and symbolic interaction theories
- Social control theory and crime’
- Strain theories and crime
- Psychological theories of crime
- Life-course criminology
- Classical criminology theories
- Cultural transmission theory and criminal behavior
- Feminist criminology
- Convict criminology
- Critical criminology
- Rational choice theory and deterrence
- Crime classification systems
Topic Ideas based on Types of Crime
- Causes and consequences of property crimes
- Public order crimes
- Blue-collar crimes
- White-collar crimes in the corporate world
- Transnational organized crimes
- High tech crimes in the digital era
- How the internet facilitates human and drug trafficking
- Hubs for human trafficking
- Human trafficking in China and India
- Causes and consequences of robbery with violence
- Causes and consequences of sex tourism
- Identifying and shielding terrorism
We are hopeful that with these criminal justice research topic ideas, you will come up with the best criminal justice research paper topic. Our professional writers came up with the list through an internal topic suggestion contest.
We believe that you can have criminal justice assignments and might need help writing criminal justice papers. We are an agency that offers college assignment help. Therefore, bring any paper to us and rest assured of high quality.
Why Trust us with your criminal justice research papers or Term papers?
GradeCrest is an academic online writing help service. If you have written your criminal justice assignment and just want help to edit it, our research paper editing service is what you should look for.
Also, if you are looking for criminal justice research proposal topics, we can help. After choosing the best criminal justice research proposal topic, you can choose whether to use our research proposal writing service.
In this article with criminal justice research topics for college students, we have covered broad topics. Some essays can require that you narrow down to a topic given a case study. Well, in that case, these criminal justice research topics can come in handy.
We are a trusted place to help with research topics for college students. Most of the students we have helped choose research topics for criminal justice essays, term papers, dissertations, and thesis, have excelled. We are the best criminology assignment help service. Your essays, term papers, concept papers, research papers, and any academic writing is safe with us. Besides, we offer competitive and affordable pricing and discounts as you order.
If you want some prominent topics to trust the A-Z topics –National Justice Reference Service.
If you want someone to help with your criminal justice papers, our paper writing service is the best. Think of a native English speaker handling your paper. Our professional assignment helpers are the best there is out there.
Let us write your paper from scratch and make it the best graded this semester.