Criminal Justice Research Topics for Research Papers
Last Updated: 09 September 2019
Immediately someone asks you “what is criminal justice?” law enforcement, victims, the courts, crimes, the law, prison systems, and justice, among others come to mind. Thinly defined, criminal justice refers to a system used by governments to mitigate or prevent the occurrence of crimes within and beyond their jurisdictions. Criminal justice sanctions violators of the law while maintaining peace and the rule of law or order. You must note that different parts of the world have different criminal justice systems.
Research statistics indicate that criminal justice assignments come second after the law or legal studies assignments. Notably, the two are tough and give students a headache to complete.
Writing a criminal justice research paper requires accuracy, keenness, and patience. Besides, you have to use credible scholarly sources to support the facts and ideas in your paper.
However, it is always prudent to first find outstanding and unique criminal justice research topics. This here is the most challenging task that students undertake. Some even fear to construct criminal justice research paper topics. Instead, they will ask themselves “what topics are there involving criminal justice for a research paper.”
This list of potential criminal justice research topics answers the question “what are some good research paper topics in criminal justice.”
In this article, you will find over 100 plus criminal justice research topic ideas. When handing your criminal justice assignment, you can always trust our paper writing help agency for assistance.
Defining Criminal Justice Research Paper
So, what is a criminal justice research paper? You may ask. Criminal justice research papers or writing assignments are taken by law students or those pursuing criminology. They are papers that mostly deal with crime and justice.
With criminal justice studies, students are taught how to identify crime, analyze it, prevent it, and look into different illegal acts. It entails the analysis of legislation, court studies, and examination of various theories of crime and peace.
When writing a criminology research paper, it is paramount that you choose an excellent criminal justice research topic. However, you must note that a criminal justice research paper topic must take into consideration the heterogeneity of legislations from state to state.
Sometimes, if it is a broad criminal justice paper, going international through exploring different case studies and sources of conflict can always be prudent.
After choosing a good topic, you should come up with a great thesis statement for a research paper. Besides, you should be willing to format the paper and proofread it before submitting it. If it is an argumentative research paper, be sure to indicate the arguments for and against then draw a strong conclusion.
Criminology Topics for Research Paper
- The portrayal of domestic violence in the media
- Impacts of domestic violence on children
- Exploring and critiquing theories of crime
- Integration of former prisoners to the community
- Relationship between unemployment and the rise of gangs and crimes in the U.S.
- How intelligence affects crime rates
- Impacts of drunk driving on rising accident statistics
- Online fraud and global banking systems
- Violence against the homeless
- Elderly abuse in nursing homes
- Does capital punishment deter crime
- The war on drugs
- Gun violence in the U.S.
- Hate Crimes in the United States
- Police brutality in the US
- Does crime mapping help prevent crime?
- Criminal record systems
- Cyberbullying and cyberstalking: the mediating role of technology.
- Organized crime and transnational crime
- The rise of homegrown terrorists
- The link between organized crime and terrorism.
- Victimless crimes
- The social production of crime
- Predictors of criminal behavior
- Rates of Recidivism and Race
- Professional crime and crime within an organisation pose special problems for the theories of crime because many of those involved have high social status. Why should this be a problem and how can such crimes explain?
Controversial Criminal Justice Research Paper Topics
- Limited Rights of police officers.
- Causes of college or campus violence.
- The use of body cameras in law enforcement.
- Ethics of different crime punishments.
- Racial biases in investigations in the US.
- Connecting Crime and Modern Music like Hip Hop and Rock.
- Legal codes used in America
- Sexual exploitation by media personalities and the rich in America
- Gun violence and prevention policies
- Criminal justice reforms in the US.
- Youth offenders and Bootcamps
- Detention of immigrants in squalid conditions.
- Abuse of power by criminal justice practitioners
- Zero tolerance policy and crime rates
- Drugs, human, and arms trafficking in the contemporary world
- Prostitution and human trafficking
- A wave of financial crimes and their connection to terrorism.
- Private prisons
- Prison labor
- Prison-industrial complex
- Criminalization of poverty
- Medical marijuana and crime rates.
- The Rise of Punitive Criminal Justice Policy in the United States.
- Race and politics of criminal justice.
International Law Assignment Topics
- International criminal law treaties.
- The role of Interpol in fighting international crime.
- Amnesty international and criminal justice systems.
- Women and international criminal law.
- Controversial decisions made by the ICC, ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia), and the ICTR (International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda).
- Child soldiers in Africa. A case of Sudan, Somali, and Congo.
- Blood minerals
- Methods used in drug trafficking
- Famous and notorious arms trafficking routes globally
- International offenders
- The global fight against corruption and socio-economic crimes
- Human rights violations in Sudan or Uganda.
- Transnational crimes and international laws.
- International criminal tribunals.
- Human right violations during wars
- The role of the International Criminal Court
- Crimes against humanities
Reasonable Criminology Research Topics
- Juvenile delinquency treatment program in a community of choice
- Crime Victim processing
- Importance of recognizing the signs of stalking
- Criminal definition of stalking in your jurisdiction
- Offender processing
- Criminalization of poverty
- Stricter laws and gun possession
- Strategies to reduce economic crimes
- Gender bias in investigations
- Criminal Justice reforms
- Juvenile detention procedures
- Incarcerated parents and crime
- Digital Storytelling as a Crime Prevention Initiative for High-Risk Communities
Criminal Justice Research Topics (Crime and Communities)
- Civilian review boards
- Gang identities
- Prison architecture and construction
- Community policing and crime
- Policing protest
- Criminalizing activism and protest
- Juvenile justice
- Criminalization and disaster
- Reentry of prisoners
- The families of prisoners
- Forensics and investigations
- Parole and probation and crime
- Child protection services
- Selection of jury
- Women in prison
- Criminalization of the youth of color
- Censorship and surveillance
- Racial discrimination among prisoners
- Racial discrimination during arrests
- Discrimination during the negotiation process
- Immigrants and rates of crime and incarceration
- The profile of famous American prisoners
- Rap music and the connection between crime and gangs
- Restorative justice processes and procedures
- Child abduction cases
- Social control theory
- Crime control theories
- Victimization theories
- Social learning methods
- Transitional justice
- Methods of interrogations
- Attorney honesty and the rule of law
- White-collar crime
- Nigerian Nationals and Online Fraud
- Mandatory sentencing
- Jury nullification
- Wrongful convictions
- DUI policies
- Civilian review boards
- Identity theft and digital media
- Legacy of Rodney King
- Forensic processing of crime scenes
- Overcriminalization and decriminalization in the USA
- Planted evidence
- Men's rea and Actus rea
- Intellectual property laws
- Preventing football hooliganism
- False confessions
We are hopeful that with these criminal justice research topic ideas, you will come up with the best criminal justice research paper topic. Our professional writers came up with the list through an internal topic suggestion contest.
We believe that you can have criminal justice assignments and might need help writing criminal justice papers. We are an agency that offers college assignment help. Therefore, bring any paper to us and rest assured of high quality.
Why Trust us with your criminal justice research papers or Term papers?
GradeCrest is an academic online writing help service. If you have written your criminal justice assignment and just want help editing it, our research paper editing service is what you should be looking for.
Also, if you are looking for criminal justice research proposal topics, we can help. After choosing the best criminal justice research proposal topic, you can choose whether to use our research proposal writing service.
In this article with criminal justice research topics for college students, we have covered broad topics. Some essays can require that you narrow down to a topic given a case study. Well, in that case, these criminal justice research topics can come in handy.
We are a trusted and reliable place to help with research topics for college students. Most of the students we have helped choose research topics for criminal justice essays, term papers, dissertations, and thesis, have gone on to excel. We are the best criminology assignment help service. Your essays, term papers, concept papers, research papers, and any academic writing is safe with us. Besides, we offer competitive and affordable pricing and discounts as you order.
If you want some great topics to trust the A-Z topics –National Justice Reference Service.
If you want someone to help with your criminal justice papers, our paper writing service is the best. Think of a native English speaker handling your paper. Our professional assignment helpers are the best there is out there.
Let us write your paper from scratch and make it the best graded this semester.