Spatial Order and How to Use It in Your Essay
Last Updated: 03 January 2020
Table of Content
You could be struggling to understand the meaning of spatial order in writing. Let us, in this article, demystify the tenets of spatial order. Good command of English alone won’t make a difference in writing the best quality essays. Instead, combining the command of English with good organization of your essay makes you an effective writer.
Regarding organization, a good essay has to have the best presentation and logical development of ideas.
Your tutors or professors do not tell you that these are some of the areas they asses when marking your essays.
Gradecrest.com through its R&D department has worked hard to ensure that our clients get the best.
That makes us the best fast essay writing service. When the writers set out on their writing journey, they usually observe the text structure as well as cohesive elements to ensure our clients get quality papers.
A good essay structure means the ideas are woven together in the best manner possible. However, apart from the structure, a cohesive organization glues the details together to make a good essay.
Spatial order is an example of a cohesive organization that writers can use for excellent essays.
Spatial Order Definition
A spatial order organizational style is also known as the order of place or space structure.
It helps in the presentation of ideas or things as is in their locations.
Compared to the chronological order that lists ideas from top to bottom based on their date of occurrence, spatial order focuses on the description of the locations of things.
Ordinarily, spatial ordering makes the use of phrases such as: on top of, in front of, besides, alongside, beyond, further from, further along, behind, centric, elevated from, and under, just to mention a few.
Using the Spatial Order in Essay Writing
Spatial ordering or spatial organization is used when writing descriptive essays.
The main agenda here is to invoke the senses of the reader and help them have a good grip on the concepts and facts presented in the essay.
There are different steps to follow when using the spatial order:
- Decide on the scenarios that need to be described in the beginning: Always start with the most important ideas, especially when you have two or more scenarios, like when writing a descriptive essay. Space the ideas based on their relevance, weight, and importance in the essay and make up your mind on what, to begin with.
- This sets the mood for your audience and keeps them glued to your paper. Should spatial order reflect in the first paragraph? Yes, this would be good as your thesis statement will lead the audience into the body and keep them glued to the end.
- Want quality custom written essays by the experts? You should order it with us. Gradecrest.com has writers who are well versed in spatial ordering. Tutors from the world over like spatial ordering: it is a gateway to scoring high in your essays.
How do I use Spatial Order in an Essay?
- Details of the Scene: Once you have decided on the scenarios, proper planning is inevitable. While planning is quintessential in any form of writing assignment whether it be essays, research papers, speech, and coursework, spatial ordering means going further than the initial plan. It means setting every detail when describing a scene, to capture the finer details, the physical location of everything as you begin the writing process.
- Have a logical flow when describing the elements: Spatial order is all about logic. When writing in a logical order, the elements flow seamlessly. As a rule of thumb, spatial order entails the description of events from top-bottom or the furthest right to the furthest left; the decision is purely on you as a writer. When ideas are closer to the rights of your readers, they interact with it first hand and do not struggle to get the gist of your writing. Forming logical relationships is a tough endeavor. However, the use of transitions and avoiding too many adjectives in your writing can spark the minds of the audience. You must also display high levels of critical thinking and creativity to maintain an audience to the end.
If you are writing a descriptive essay about a place or a narrative essay, spatial ordering can come in handy.
The Importance of Spatial Order in Essay Writing
The spatial order has some benefits besides assuring you of the best grades.
- It simplifies the complex processes and scenes and thus increasing the flow and understanding of ideas in the essay. A reader easily relates to ideas and facts in a spatially ordered essay.
- It improves the originality of your essay as you express creativity and critical thinking more than using logical order or other ordering approaches.
- It evokes the senses of the reader and makes it easy for them to visualize the gist of the essay. You would want to please that hard professor to get the best grades. Trust us, our team of experts can write you the best essay with flawless grammar, well researched, spatial order arrangement, and plagiarism free. Place an order and enjoy our special
Note that using too much spatial arrangement in your essay is discouraged as it might give some unimportant scenes importance.
Therefore we recommend only using spatial ordering when seeking to spice up an essay but be wise when using spatial order.
It is always best to get academic writing help if you do not understand how to.
List of Transitional Words to use in Spatial Order Essays
When writing descriptive essays using the spatial order approach, certain signal words can help you bring the best out of the paper. Use these signal words in your spatial order essays and wow your professor, lecturer, or teacher for the best grades.
- To the left
- Slightly below
- Parallel to
- Alternate to
- In between
- Adjacent to
- To the side
- Next to
- On the right hand
- On the left hand
- By the
- On top of
- At the top of
- At the bottom of
- At a depth of
These transition words are like power words to incorporate in your essay when you decide to use a spatial order. They help give a positional placement of an object when describing its features. For instance, when describing a character, the writer can describe the placement of the television on the scene. They will have to explain it in relation to where the character is seated or standing.
Spatial Essay Order Outline Example
To reiterate, spatial order is mostly used in compositions to present the details of a given subject depending on the location it is in. It is an approach used mostly in constructive writing. Majorly, it helps frame the object relative to its place and create an ideal mental image to the reader. When writing a spatial order essay or composition, like for instance, a profile essay of a person or place, you must first begin by drafting an outline.
Mostly, spatial order essays are five-paragraph essays. They can be anything between 500 words or 1000 words, depending on the essay prompt.
Below are some of the components of the outline:
Spatial Order Essay Introduction
- Essay hook or grabber to lure the attention of the readers
- Background of the essay, covering the reasons for the topic of object choice
- Thesis statement, which outlines what the spatial order essay is all about.
The Body of the Spatial Order Essay
- Description of the first object (topic sentence, supporting ideas and facts (in-text citations and signal words), and concluding sentence).
- Description of the second object (topic sentence, supporting ideas and facts (in-text citations and signal words), and concluding sentence)
- Description of the third object (topic sentence, supporting ideas and facts (in-text citations and signal words), and concluding sentence)
- Description of the …nth object (topic sentence, supporting ideas and facts (in-text citations and signal words), and concluding sentence)
Note that every single body paragraph should contain only one idea or object description.
Conclusion of a Spatial Order Essay
- Concluding transitions and sentence
- Summary of the entire essay
- Restated thesis statement
- Final words or concluding remarks
We hope that our advice helps.