Common Excuses for Not Doing Homework
Last Updated: 05 August 2019
High school, college, and the university is a transition period in one’s academic and professional journey fraught with doing homework. However, even with time at your disposal, it is highly likely for you to ask for the best excuses for not doing homework.
I remember my roommate asking me “how do I get away with not doing homework?” The very question made me realize that nearly all the student population detest doing homework.
While others might struggle to do their homework, some students find it time-consuming, tough exercise and others feel that homework should be banned.
After surveying a good number of college students, we present some of the common excuses they use for not completing their assignments.
In the act of helping students express themselves for not doing homework, we address how to do it right and sound genuine.
Did you know that endless excuses can put you into professors' and instructors' bad books? Are you also aware the extent to which websites that help you do homework can help?
GradeCrest is a premium essay writing service that can always step in to help you avoid giving excuses for not attending groups or doing your assignments.
Best Responses for “I forgot doing my homework.”
- “I forgot my homework or assignment.” This is now a cliché; many homework tracking apps can remind you of homework. I doubt if any professor or instructor falls for this.
- “I was unwell.” As a student, you can be taken ill sometimes. One reason could be due to the stress due to long study hours, working while studying, and having many assignments. Even when valid, some teachers do not trust students unless you produce a doctor’s appointment or a prescription. Thus, this can be preceded by a call home to your parents or guardians for confirmation.
- “My laptop crashed.” In the digital age, blended learning and online learning have taken their root pretty well. However, this is a poor excuse in this day and age for not doing homework. A teacher can say that you had enough time to borrow a laptop or repair yours. Saying this only exposes your poor time management skills. Unless the task was to be completed with a computer, you have all the time to complete an assignment.
- “I was absent when the homework was given.” Maybe you were sick or had some emergency. If there is documentation to support, you can go on and use this excuse for not doing homework.
- “I had an overwhelming number of homework and assignments for different classes to complete.” If you fall under this category, you can be excused, but only with enough evidence. But this should not be the case as we can help you do your homework. You can always pay someone to do your homework.
Other Silly Excuses for not completing Homework
We call them silly because they are reasons that even you doubt whether a full instructor or a professor will buy.
- “I was participating in extra-curricular activities (sports, debate, or volunteering).”
- “I did not understand the homework. I reached you, but you failed to respond.”
- “The dog ate my homework.”
- “My younger brother poured water on my printed.”
- “I thought I had copied the homework to my portable storage but seems I left it on my desktop.”
- “I sent the homework but did not wait for the ‘submitted’ message.”
- “I had serious food poisoning and had to stay home.”
- “The computer was infected by ransomware, and I couldn’t raise the ransom.”
- “I just did not feel like doing the homework. I was stressed.”
- “I accidentally shredded the printed paper.”
- “I was taking care of my grandparents.”
Planning an Excuse for not Completing Assignments? Consider These Facts!
It could be that you have genuine excuses for not doing homework. However, how you present the excuses could be costing you trust. If your excuses have not been working, here are some strategies.
- Avoid bringing excuses every time. If you cannot complete your homework on time, pay someone to help you. It is best that you have a backup plan.
- Always have supporting documents. If you were sick, try as much as possible to get prescription receipts and appointment letters from the doctor. If your computer broke, a genuine note from the technician could save you.
- Do show that you are genuinely sorry. When explaining why you failed to turn in an assignment or homework, use facial expressions and a body language that shows you are sorry. If possible, ask for a second chance or late submission and do your best to submit the homework on time.
- Maintain honesty. Sometimes it is a class you hate or it is that one subject you seem not to crack. All the same, be honest with the professor or instructor. Sometimes having candid conversations around an issue can bring a lasting solution. If you were invited to a party or was out camping with friends, let your teacher know. Explain to them why you prioritized other issues over your assignment or doing your homework.
- Never get caught, so cover-up. If you are going to give excuses for not doing homework, share any messages, photos with friends, or videos with family on social media. It helps you build a case against not doing homework. Your professor is human and might understand.
Parting Shot- Always Have a Contingency Plan
Our recommendations here on the best excuses for not doing homework might seem farfetched or trivial, but they can save you a grade/GPA. Sometimes you can find it hard to submit an assignment or do homework on time. Maybe it is because you have this ‘lit’ party that you can’t afford to miss. Other times it is work stuff, and we all know work-study-life balance is tough to achieve and maintain.
Gradecrest.com is your trusted website that helps you do your homework. We handle all types of essays and papers. When you want a research paper, we are best to pay to do your research paper. If it is an essay, we have the best essay writers for hire.
Still, we are the best case study writing website. Never let it escalate to the point where you are giving excuses for not doing homework.
We are an online writing agency the types your essays on time. Besides, the privacy of our clients and the safety of their data is well-enforced. You can safely process payments on our website.
Are you ready to get homework assistance now? Please place an order with us!
Still in doubt on how we can help you, read on how essay writing websites help students and people.