Creative Nursing capstone Project Ideas
Last Updated: 24 August 2023
Your search for the best capstone project ideas for nursing capstone projects ends here. If you are wondering what a good nursing capstone topic idea to choose is, we will guide you through the process of selecting the best topic given different possibilities. We are a nursing writing service that every other nursing student wants to associate with, and it is because we are passionate about what we do.
When you are ready for your BSN, MSN, or DNP capstone project, you can easily get confused with plenty of ideas that come to mind. You might end up choosing a capstone project idea that is unperceivable and lacks content online. Maybe you will most likely settle for a broad topic, or you are just out of capstone ideas in nursing; you should definitely take some coffee, find a relaxed position, and drink from this pot of wisdom. With 100+ nursing capstone project ideas, you surely must get one that fits your taste. Do not peter out yet; our professional nurse writers can help you draft the capstone project outline as well.
Our expert nursing capstone paper writers have always handled topics in different specialties and topics. You can rely on us for graduate nursing capstone project ideas (MSN and DNP level).
Unlike the list of capstone project ideas you will encounter online, we have categorized these ideas to refine them further and make it easier for you to pick one depending on your specialty. Whether you are a BSN, MSN, or DNP student, we are optimistic that this comprehensive list on the internet is all you need to begin brainstorming on your capstone project topics.
What is the Nursing Capstone Project?
A nursing capstone project also referred to as a senior capstone or capstone experience refers to an academic paper that consolidates practical work experience, experimentation, facts to help identify real-world setting issues, and applying skills from class to develop actionable solutions. Capstone projects in nursing can either be inclined towards research or problem-solving.
A nursing capstone paper can be anywhere between 20 pages and 100 pages in length. It should have a compelling argument, exhibit the choice of excellent capstone nursing topics.
Capstone projects are evidence-based practice (EBP) projects and reinforce best practices in different nursing fields. A common focus of the capstone projects in nursing is how to implement technology into practice and effective care delivery. They also revolve around finding solutions for better healthcare management of the staff and staffing issues.
When undertaking a capstone project course, a student works with a practicing professional (a capstone graduate) to help them all the way, offer real-world experience, and advise on the design.
Why Capstone Projects are Important for Nursing Students
There are many goals of a nursing capstone project. These reasons are anchor the need for most students to choose a capstone project over a nursing thesis if given a chance.
- Understanding Community Needs. Through handling the nursing capstone projects, students identify and address the healthcare needs and issue within their community settings.
- Capstone projects help define an information problem or opportunity. For instance, if the rates of childhood obesity are high, a capstone project can come up with assured strategies to address the scourge.
- The nursing capstone project also helps develop an interest in a given specialty. As one works on their capstone projects, they can, in the process, develop a passion for a given area of interest.
- Capstone projects are a chance to combine work from class with professional practice. As students handle their capstone projects, they can apply various nursing theories, frameworks, models, and ideas to help their professional development.
- It helps students look at the world from a systems approach point of view. A student who resorts to a nursing capstone project will most likely make a difference in the community, clinical setting of the healthcare department by trying to solve systemic problems in their specific area.
A good capstone project must reflect research ethics, statistics, program theory, leadership and is always preceded by a capstone research proposal.
Given the goals, graduate program capstone projects in nursing might take an entire semester. On the other hand, BSN capstone projects might take ten weeks to two semesters.
Do you need help with writing your nursing capstone project?
Difference between a Nursing Capstone Project and a Nursing Thesis
As you get close to the final term and the residency program gets closer, you will most likely either handle a thesis or a capstone project. A typical confusing question nursing students ask is, what's the difference between a capstone and a thesis in nursing? We have the answers right here for you.
Most nursing programs, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, mandate that the students complete either a nursing thesis or a capstone project. While a thesis project is meant to focus on a general issue and provide insights to the reader, a capstone thinly focuses on a specific issue, concern, or problem in the realm of nursing.
Also, unlike a thesis that presents a theory or solution, a capstone paper describes the issue using a fact-based approach.
A capstone project is most likely to be assigned from undergraduate to graduate level, whereas a nursing thesis is only assigned to graduate nursing students. Nursing capstone projects are also more focused compared to the theses. One of the reasons is because a capstone demonstrates the understanding of the topic through a detailed analytical approach. On the other hand, a thesis paper for nursing entails the generation of hypothesis or research questions, conducting research, analysis of data, explanation of the findings, and concluding as well as recommending the evidence-based practice.
Even with the differences, both nursing thesis and capstone projects form grounds for evidence-based practice in nursing.
Useful Tips when Choosing Great Nursing Capstone Ideas
Most nursing students complain that they do not have topics for their nursing capstone projects. One thing most students fail to realize is that they can approach their faculty advisor to help them select a capstone project idea that is relevant to their career goals. Here are some useful tips to help you arrive at your capstone idea of choice for your nursing program:
- Choose a topic or capstone project idea for nursing that has not been widely explored. This way, you get to chart a path that others who come after you will follow. You will also gain knowledge through research, analysis, and presentation.
- Choose nursing capstone projects that are interesting to you. If you decide to go with a topic on technology, for instance, be sure that your career goals align with nursing informatics or any tech-related aspect in healthcare.
- Use the internet to look for the scholarly sources that support your capstone idea of choice. Again, you do not want to choose a nursing capstone idea that does not have credible facts to support your idea. Go for strong nursing capstone ideas supported by theories, frameworks, and facts from scholarly nursing sources.
- Have a range of nursing capstone ideas. Then after coming up with three-four topic ideas, consult with your capstone project mentor on the best approach to take.
- When looking for topics for your nursing capstone, do not go for straightforward ideas. Chances always are that they won't get approval from your professor.
We can all agree that even though making a successful nursing capstone project is laborious, picking the best capstone project idea from the onset makes the entire process seamless and successful. If you have trouble and need help, our qualified capstone writers can help you choose the best. We are a leading nursing capstone project writing service on the internet.
The Potential Sources to Get Creative Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Necessity is always the mother of invention. When the time comes for you to come up with ideas for your capstone project in nursing, you can always wonder where to look. However, here are some highlights of the best places to look for nursing capstone project ideas.
1. Nursing News Articles
Google Search makes it easy to search for recent news in any realm. Think about the issue of mental health among the homeless, elderly abuse in-home care, or mental health among veterans in the news. It can give you insights on what areas to focus on, depending on the community you come from. When you read through the news, you will most likely click on an idea that could be the best for your nursing capstone.
2. Peer-Reviewed Nursing Journals
As a focused nursing student, access to peer-reviewed article databases is a must. You are most likely an ardent reader of medical or nursing journals online. By way of research, you could also have accidentally stumbled or objectively found some useful insights from such journals.
Have you spent time reading recent publications in journals? What are some of the topics that strike you the most? Are there issues open to debate that relates to nursing or the clinical environment? Are there gaps in research that need to be understood? When objectively reading recent articles published in nursing and medical-related journals is a viable way to come up with worthy capstone project ideas for your nursing capstone projects.
3. Clinical Rounds
Clinical allows you to work with a preceptor and sometimes shadow your peers when there is a shortage. In this respect, you may have learned a great deal from the clinical. You can convert the knowledge on your experiences during your clinical rounds and when offering care to the patient. How did you feel? What were some of the challenges? What concepts worked, and which ones flopped? Did the clinical facility apply evidence-based practice or evidence-based nursing? Were the staff focused on patient-centered care? You can generate many ideas at the end of the day by just reflecting on your clinical.
4. Nursing Capstone Papers from Past Classes
You will most likely be paired with a graduate capstone student. You can also ask your instructor and friends who have been through the nursing capstone paper writing process.
Skim through the past nursing capstone papers and see if some ideas come to mind. You will notice that as you interact with the content, your mind will wander into insightful topic ideas for your capstone project.
5. Class Notes and Material
The course objectives are given before you commence a course that can also be a starting point to brainstorm for nursing capstone ideas. As you read the objectives, you will understand what the end project capstone paper must look like. Also, class notes and reading material can give you useful insights. Still, you can comb through your past nursing essays, research papers, concept papers, and term papers or case studies to get good nursing capstone ideas.
Related Reading: Learn how to write a nursing capstone paper from our comprehensive nursing capstone project guide for students at any level: BSN, MSN, or DNP.
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas for Mental Health
- The link between homelessness and mental health issues
- The efficiency of Yoga in maintaining mental health wellbeing
- Use of expressive art therapy for positive youth development
- Using CBT for PTSD affected veterans
- Impact of sexual abuse on children
- How domestic violence affects the children
- Culture-based mental health programs
- Impacts of bullying at the workplace for new nurses
- Development of a new mental health guide for educators
- The use of cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques in psychiatric facilities
- Art therapy and mental health
- Causes of suicide among youths
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Ketamine infusion therapy
- Tobacco dependence
- Safety in the psychiatric centers
- Preventing falls in psychiatric facilities
- Substance abuse disorders
- Substance abuse among the geriatric population
- Health education approach for mentally ill patients
- Addressing stigma among carers and patients with mental health issues
- Mental health issues among the aboriginal populations
- Understanding postnatal depression among women
- Mental health nursing for adolescents
- Mental health scales best for children in prison
- Access to mental health services by aboriginals or a specific population
- Lateral violence among nurses
- Effectiveness of mental health services for deaf service users
- Outcome measures for an inpatient with mental health issues
- Mental illness and autonomous decision making
- Psychological rehabilitation readiness assessment
- Links between heritage, arts, museums, and mental health
- Impacts of teenage suicides
- Preparing student nurses to manage trauma in clinical settings
- Mental health simulation models for ADN students
- Are Intellectual Disability Nurses perceived differently from other nurses?
Medical Surgery Capstone Project Ideas
- Operating room nurses and compassion fatigue
- Burnout among anesthetists
- Surgical asepsis
- How to implement surgical smoke evacuation in the operating room
- States that require surgical smoke evacuation
- Improving the Health of Perioperative Nurses by Eliminating Surgical Smoke
- Complications of general anesthesia
- Roles and responsibilities of nurses in OT
- Fumigation of OT
- The Dangers of Electrosurgical Smoke to Operating Room Personnel
- Obstacles for implementing effective smoke evacuation procedures and preventive measures
- Causes and symptoms of Meningitis
- Arterial bypass surgery
- The Impacts of surgical smoke on the surgical staff
- Peripheral artery bypass
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Bariatric surgery intervention for obese patients
- Role of the clinical nurse coordinator
- Organ failure and transplantation
- Patient care involvement and intervention post-surgery
- Improving safety in operating rooms
- Operating room requirements and set up
- Complexity within the cardiac intensive care unit environment
- Burn nursing through surgical care
- Role of certified registered nurse anaesthetist (CRNA)
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases of surgery
- Lyme diseases
- Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Celiac disease management
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Stem cells therapy in cancer
- Interventional cardiology and surgery
- Surgical interventions for neurogenic shock
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever
- Peptic ulcers disease management
- Angina pectoris management
- Cushing syndrome management
- Management of COPD
- Immunodeficiency disorder
- X-ray care
- Dermatitis management
- Diabetic foot care
- Thyroid storm and crisis
- Insulin therapy
- Congenital heart disease
- Raynaud's diseases
- Phlebotomy procedure
- Digitalis therapy
- Post-operative nursing practice in Asccitis
- Pre and post-operative care for general surgery
- Minor and significant surgery: compare and contrast
- Post-operative complications
- An interdisciplinary approach to surgical interventions
- Role of ICU nurse
- Application of thermal heating to prevent intraoperative hypothermia
- Treatment of fire wounds
- Classification and management approaches to burn wounds
- Performing CPR
- Wound healing processes and management
Nursing Leadership Capstone Project Ideas
Here is a list of nursing leadership ideas that can be a great starting point when choosing a creative topic for your capstone project.
Leadership is a great area that many researchers have ventured into. However, this does not mean that all the knowledge is exhausted.
When selecting the nursing leadership capstone topics, you need to be very keen not to choose a broad topic that will make you dilute the content of your nursing capstone project.
- Importance of charismatic leadership among nurse leaders
- The stress management approach for nurse leaders
- Professional development strategies for Nurses
- Importance of ethical practice among nurse leaders
- Impact of nurse leadership on patient outcomes
- Significance of nurse leadership
- What is leadership from a nursing perspective?
- Long-term and short-term goals for clinical leaders
- Theories that support nurse leadership
- Importance of nurse leaders in quality improvement projects
- How nurse leaders can initiate and manage change
- The link between nurse leadership and change management
- Nurse leadership: Passion or Duty?
- Role of transformational leadership among nurse managers
- Significance of communication among interprofessional team nurse leaders
- Impacts of nurse engagement and Inclusion on patient outcomes
- Organizational strategies nurse leaders can use to motivate the healthcare personnel
- Challenges facing contemporary nurse leaders
- Role of nurse leaders in solving conflicts in clinical settings
- Nurse leaders as patient advocates
- Role of nurse leaders in preventing violence in emergency rooms
- How nurse leaders can address burnout among nurses
- Importance of having a personal leadership philosophy as a nurse leader
- Leadership in the U.S. Health system
- Influential nurse leaders in the political space
- Senators and governors who are nurses in the U.S.
- Role of nurse managers in healthcare
- Nurse leadership qualities and behavior
- Effective nursing leadership styles
- Leadership in nursing education
- Student nurses and leadership
- Top qualities of a great nurse leader
- Management styles in nursing
- Improving nursing leadership skills
- Interview with a nurse leader
- Strategies to Address the Shortage of Respiratory Therapists and Ventilators during Disaster
- Strength and weaknesses of charge nurses
- Role of nurse leaders in shaping public policy
- Leadership characteristics that represent excellence
- Defining leadership in nursing
- Training plan for nurse leaders
- Transactional leadership approach among nurses
- The future of nurse leadership
- How nurse leaders can ensure team leadership for the best collaboration in healthcare teams
- Traits of a great nurse leader
- Comparing and contrasting nurse leadership roles in private and public hospitals.
- Difference between accountability among nurse leaders in developed nations and developing nations
- Nurse leaders as change agents in healthcare settings
- Impact of recognition program on Registered Nurses motivation level
- Pharmaceutical Companies Overpricing Medication: Background and Policy Landscape
- The Roles of Nursing Organizations in Shaping the future of nursing
Patient Falls Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
Patient falls are an active area that is being continuously addressed by nurses.
As a DNP, MSN, or BSN student, you can easily choose a capstone project topic on patient falls and craft a well-written capstone project that can earn you the best grades.
When looking at the holistic issue of patient falls, there are measurement scales, contributing factors such as dementia, mental and physical health issues, age, or Alzheimer's, which you must take into account.
Different fall prevention and fall management strategies can also be an active area for research when undertaking your nursing capstone project. Here are some ideas:
- Prevention of patient falls through education
- Fall prevention strategies in home settings
- Fall prevention strategies in hospitals
- Potential causes of falls in hospitals
- Defining fall and fall risk patient
- The use of SPICES framework and FAMILY cards to assess old patients
- Nursing interventions to prevent falls
- Evidence-based practice falls intervention strategies in hospital settings.
- The use of video and camera monitoring to prevent falls among elderly patients
- The use of technology in fall prevention
- Hospital-Based Fall Program Measurement and Improvement in High-Reliability Organizations
- Role of hospital leadership in preventing patient falls
- Quality improvement program for reducing falls in medical-surgical units
- Factors contributing to psychiatric patient falls in hospitals
- Creating a safety culture that prevents falls
- Multifactorial fall risk assessment
- Healthcare Managers Role in Fall-Related Injury Prevention in Assisted Living Facilities
- Fall risk among osteoporosis patients
- Multifactorial interventions for the prevention of falls among elderly patients
- Use of exercise in reducing falls among elderly patients
- The Morse fall risk scale and its significance in fall risk assessment and management
- Characteristics of at fall risk patients
- Using engineering controls to prevent falls among patients and the elderly
- Outpatient fall risk assessment tool
- Effects of implementing evidence-based fall risk scale on fall rates
- Standardized fall risk assessment tool
- Medical staff attitude and knowledge about in-patient falls
- Patient fall rates in the acute care in-patient hospitals
- Patient fall education and patient safety
- Nurse education on patient falls and safety culture
- Strategies to reduce patient injuries from falls
- Fall prevention practices at home
- Environmental assessment and modification as a fall management strategy
- Home modification approach to falls management
- Impacts of the design of healthcare stings/environments on patient fall
- Physical environmental risk factors for elderly falls
- Home safety modifications to reduce fall injuries among geriatric patients
- Home environment assessment for elderly patients
- Safety awareness activities for elderly patients
- Strategies and tools to address patient falls in nursing homes
- Impacts of visiting home nurses on reducing in-patient falls
- Role of pharmacists in addressing patient falls
- An interdisciplinary approach to fall management in clinical settings
- Hourly Rounding and Fall Prevention among the elderly in long term care: A change process.
Women's Health Capstone Project Ideas
The area of women's health is also an active area of research where you can choose a creative nursing capstone idea.
For instance, it integrates breastfeeding nursing capstone ideas, sexual health, the general wellbeing of women, and healthcare access. Here are some suggestions or ideas:
- Preeclampsia among women
- Postpartum depression among women
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Addressing mental health among pregnant women in rural areas
- Smoking and pregnancy
- Infant mortality and preterm birth among African American women
- Teenage pregnancy
- Preventing pregnant women from Zika Virus
- The link between HPV and cervical cancer
- Mammography to detect breast cancers in women
- Gestational diabetes management
- Birth control approach among women
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Breast pumps and breastfeeding
- Using codeine and tramadol products in breastfeeding women
- Nutritional management during pregnancy
- Management of endometriosis
- Emergency contraception/ birth control
- Female genital mutilation and sexual health of women
- Impacts of fibroids on women
- Menopause in women
- Breastfeeding, work, and women of low socio-economic status
- Normal versus cesarean births
- Epidural in induced births
- Pelvic floor issues in women
- Constipation after cesarean surgery
- Urine incontinence in women
- Uterine cancer and fibroids in women
- Postmenstrual syndrome and hormonal changes
- Factors that influence the decision to breastfeed
- Use of supplements when breastfeeding
- Exclusive breastfeeding and immune levels of children
Nursing Informatics Capstone Project Ideas
- HITECH Legislation and Electronic Medical Records in healthcare
- Data governance in healthcare settings
- Impacts of a healthcare data breach
- Use of Healthcare Information Technology to support evidence-based practice in nursing
- Importance of clinical support decision making systems
- The use of technology to bridge the nurse shortage gaps in rural areas
- Electronic health records in healthcare
- Nurse informatics competencies
- Meaningful use and HIT
- Health Information as a strategic resource in the Australian settings
- The Impact of Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies
- Healthcare management information system
- Collaborative decision making through shared governance in healthcare
- Ethics and data management in healthcare
- The use of big data in healthcare settings
- Robotics in surgery
- The use of electronic health records to offer patient-centered care
- Assisting recovering centers
- Role of nursing informatics in quality improvement
- E-learning as a professional development approach among nurses
- Developing digital literacies for nursing school students
- Barriers to competency development in nursing informatics
- Integrating health informatics to nursing education
- The use of smartphones in inpatient management and education
- The use of simulation for nursing students
- Adoption of transformative technology such as CDSS in clinical settings
- The use of big data in clinical research
- Use of electronic medical records in acute care
- Significance of mHealth apps on mental health care access by rural populations
- Nursing Faculty Perceptions on the Use of Computer-Based Virtual Simulation in an Associate Degree Nursing Program
General Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Patient Portal Underutilization influence by Ethnically and Low Income
- Reducing associated ventilator infections in hospitalized patients.
- Integration of healthcare systems
- The importance of taking the health history
- A disease common with the aged population
- Strategies to ensure healthy aging
- The use of music therapy to increase expressive language skills with increasing verbalizations or echolalia in limited verbal school-age children with autism spectrum disorder
- Employee-based health insurance
- Relationship between patient care and ability to pay
- Levels of evidence in nursing
- Legal and professional requirements for nursing progress notes
- Does pre-hospital rapid cooling of MDMA overdose improve clinical outcomes?
- Implementing the IOM future of nursing
- Impacts of organizational culture on the implementation of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- Affordable care for all Americans- Revisiting the legislations
- Addressing healthcare disparity in the US
- Racial discrimination in healthcare delivery in the US
- Macro trends affecting the US healthcare system
- The attitude of Saudi Arabians toward their healthcare system
- Transforming from student nurse to registered nurse
- Patient advocacy and advanced practice
- The use of chlorhexidine to reduce hospital-acquired infections
- Improving the Process of Preventative Care in HMO Organizations for Better Outcomes
- Impact of leadership on health management
- Examining the Mental Health of Veterans
- Associate Degree Nurses Perceptions on Motivators and Barriers to Return to School for a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing
- Managing Complex Adaptive Healthcare Organisations (using the Theoretical Domain Framework - TDF)
Managed Nursing Care Topic Ideas for Dissertations, Term Papers, and Nursing Essays
- Identify the principal factors that determine what form and structure managed care organizations assume and how these factors influence plan design.
- Recognize the main aspects, features, and characteristics of health plans and how these components have changed over time.
- Forgoing treatment at end of life: Pediatric Euthanasia
- Recognize the range of health plans from the perspective of a continuum that moves through key variables as relative points of comparison from plan to plan.
- Recall the types of health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that served as models for other forms of managed care organizations (MCOs) and predicted their future.
- Understand the fundamental principle behind all managed care health plans that balance cost and control.
- Know the general definition of Integrated Delivery Systems that can apply to various forms of IDSs.
- Describe the various types of Medicare Advantage plans both those that are quite popular and those that are less so.
- Identify the requirements managed care organizations must have in order to qualify for offering Medicare Advantage plans.
- Know what are core results managed care organizations, physicians, and health care organizations can expect from the effective operations of disease management
- Learn what connects consumerism, network development, and contract negotiation as major themes in managed care.
- Describe the social and economic factors and conditions that strongly promoted the rise of integrated delivery systems in this country.
- Recall the design and structure of such systems and how they function and operate comparing traditional delivery systems with today's approaches.
- Describe the various types of integrated delivery systems for physicians and hospitals/health systems.
- Learn why member service represents such a strong response to consumerism both in health care delivery and administrative services.
- Explain the scope of services and general operations of customer interactive
- Understand the two factors of geography and competition as they relate to network
- Explain the four major areas of contract negotiation and why each if so critically important to managed care.
- Recognize the close connection these systems have with managed care and how these connections are mutually beneficial.
- Understand the impact the Accountable Care Act will be having on IntegratedDelivery Systems.
- Identify the strategies used by managed care organizations to create effective physician change.
- Understand the principle formula of cost and how that impacts the various areas of quality in health care delivery.
- Share what are the case management guidelines frequently applied by the managed care industry in this quality-driven strategy.
- Recall the origins of disease management and the importance of population health, evidence-based medicine, and managed care alignment in its development.
- Identify the major components of disease management and how they operate using its fundamental definition to form this discussion.
- Describe the four major roles and functions of primary care physicians as understood by managed care organizations.
- Learn what are the three major focuses all utilization management programs have.
- Know the differences between utilization management in the past with what it means today and its current conceptual framework.
- Learn the definition of quality based upon the 2003 definition from the Committee on Quality of Health Care in America.
- Compare the descriptions of quality developed by Donabedian in the 1970s with what today's managed care industry understands it to be.
- Know what represents case management and what are its core goals.
- Identify what is the case management six-step process that is commonly used by managed care organizations.
- Understand the many changes that have happened to the original Medicare program due to legislation and regulation.
- Understand the concept of consumerism and what are the two major rationales for this concept.
- Describe what consumer-directed health plans are and how they relate to the broader category of managed care plans.
- Understand the essential value and need that information technology has for the managed care industry.
- Identify the key areas in which MCOs use information technology to achieve their major goals and strategies. Identify what are the drivers for both.
- Recall how managed care companies create their primary care networks and what represents key strategies in that development.
- Identify the core functions of physician credentialing, contracting, and network
- Explain what are the core content areas and strategies MCOs use for network
- Understand both the barriers and challenges faced by Medicaid as it tries to achieve its goal of covering uninsured Americans.
- Explain what Medicaid waivers are and what are the four most common types of waivers today.
- Describe the five areas that represent the most important arenas for applying information technology in managed care organizations.
- Identify the four initiatives common for information technology related to managed care organizations.
- Describe what is the foundational information technology system and why it is so central to the operations of MCOs.
- Explain the purpose and function of benefits configuration and employer group and member enrollment.
- Share what are the social norms operating with physicians and how best to change these norms to improve physician behavior.
- Describe what are the major barriers to changing physician behavior.
- Explain the purpose and function of premium management, provider enrollment contracting-credentialing, and claims payment.
- Explain the purpose and function of electronic data exchange, document imaging and workflow, and customer services.
- Explain the purpose and function of medical management and data warehousing.
- Share what connects Medicare, Medicaid, and employers together as it related to managed care.
- Describe what are similar agenda items for these three purchasers and what are differences they have regarding their agendas with managed care.
- Explain what has been happening to Medicare over the past 10 years that has significantly impacted it.
- Learn the ten significant characteristics of disease management programs.
- Describe the major benefits of disease management in a managed care environment for providers, insurance plans, and for the patients themselves.
- Share the major challenges facing disease management programs, as well as what are the incentives to promote DM.
- Describe what is the business plan component for disease management
- Identify what makes effective Medicaid plans citing the nine characteristics that are needed to do this.
- Describe how managed care organizations address the needs of employers in terms of grouping them.
Emergency Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
If you are interested in emergency nursing, here are some critical topics and research project ideas you can use in your emergency nursing capstone project.
- Trauma-informed care for people presenting to the ED with mental issues
- Impacts of educating ED nurses about trauma-informed care for people presenting with mental health issues
- How to prevent overcrowding in the emergency departments
- Impacts of overcrowding in the hospital emergency departments
- Healthcare quality in the ED of hospitals
- Factors affecting patient flow in the ED
- Use of mobile applications to improve emergency response procedures
- How to reduce the emergency department stays for patients
- Emergency departments as the primary points of entry into healthcare
- Role of Emergency Departments in the care continuum management
- Addressing COVID-19 in the emergency departments during the pandemic
- Reorganizing Emergency Departments to address disasters and pandemics
- Trends in Emergency Department Visits and Hospital admissions during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Responsibilities of an Emergency room Nurse
- Patient classification systems in the Emergency Department settings
- Role of Emergency Nurses in Emergency Preparedness
- Role of emergency nurses in the management of chemotherapy-related complications
- Medication knowledge and willingness to nurse-initiate medications in an emergency department
- Addressing the Nurse Shortage to Improve the Quality of Patient Care in Emergency Departments
- Factors leading to the length of stay and boarding inpatients
- Infection control in the emergency departments
- Education to improve staff competence in the ED
- Interdisciplinary collaboration and open communication among ED nurses
- Incentive programs for the ED nurses
- Ergonomics and facility design of Eds
- Implementation of technology to improve patient care in ED
- Nursing Workforce Issues and Trends Affecting Emergency Departments
- Assessment and risk classification protocol for patients in emergency units
- Attitudes of emergency nurses in caring for older patients at an emergency department
- Use of Pediatric Telemedicine in the Emergency Departments
- Pediatric medication safety in the Emergency departments
- Use of MRI and CT in Paediatric emergency departments
- The efficacy of enema solutions in Paediatric Emergency Departments
- How student nurses view the emergency departments
- Utilizing six sigma in the emergency departments
- Lean thinking in the emergency departments
- Assessment tools for nursing workload in the emergency departments
- Violence in the Emergency Departments
- Role of ED nurses in patient advocacy and policy formulation
- Factors leading to frequent use of Emergency departments
- Incidence and Prevalence of burnout among emergency nurses
- Role of freestanding emergency departments in healthcare
- Do freestanding emergency departments alleviate congestion in hospital-based Eds?
- Freestanding Emergency departments and Medicare Costs
- Barriers to implementation of Telemedicine in Rural Emergency Departments
- Rehospitalization rates between rural and urban Emergency Departments
- Use of tele-emergency to reduce transfers on rural emergency departments
- Barriers to point-of-care ultrasound scans in rural Emergency Departments
- Impacts of decreased nursing staffing in Emergency Departments on throughput metrics
- Impacts of Point-of-care testing in the overcrowded emergency department
- Safe staffing for nursing in emergency departments
- Effects of mandated nurse-patient ratios on patient wait time and care time in the emergency department
- Hospital Strategies for Reducing Emergency Department Crowding
Capstone Project Topics on Nursing Burnout
Nurses are the most important cog in the wheel of healthcare. If you are passionate about administrative or human resources management in nursing, you can select these nurse burnout topic ideas for your capstone. Whether you are writing an MSN, BSN, or DNP capstone project, these topics are suitable. Remember to select an idea that interests you, one which can lead to your specialization.
- Causes and consequences of pediatric nurse burnout
- Predictors of nursing burnout in ED
- Occupational, psychological, and physical impacts of nursing burnout
- Prevalence of burnout among psychiatric nurses
- Burnout and the attrition rate among nurses
- Burnout syndrome in psychiatric oncology nurses
- Burnout in the Gastroenterology unit nurses
- Impacts of increasing patients on burnout among critical care nurses
- Burnout among the NICU nurses
- Work and Health Correlates of Sleep Quantity and Quality Among Correctional Nurses
- What is the effect of a stress-reduction intervention on correctional nurses work-related quality of life
- Burn out syndrome among medical interns
- Coping strategies for nurses experiencing burnout
- The link between workload and burnout among nurses
- Burnout Syndrome in Paediatric Nurses
- Prevalence of burnout, depression, anxiety, and stress in Australian midwives
- The Impact of Personal Religious and Spiritual Beliefs on the Mental Well-Being and Burnout of nurses
- Nursing burnout and quality of care
- Impacts of 1x1 meetings on nurse burnout
- The link between nurse burnout and patient satisfaction
- Strategies to prevent burnout syndrome among nurses
- How to assess burnout among nurses
- Can AI be used to assess burnout among nurses?
- Role of job shadowing and rotation in solving burnout among nurses
- Yoga as a self-care approach and strategy to prevent burnout
- Snack and Relax a strategy to address nurses' professional quality of life
- Effect of communication skills training on the burnout of nurses
- A brief mindfulness-based stress reduction intervention for nurses and nurse aides
- Effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral interventions in reducing occupational stress among nurses
- Impacts of nurse leader mindfulness meditation program in stress management
- Effects of the professional identity development program on the professional identity, job satisfaction, and burnout levels of nurses
- Impact of a meaning-centered intervention on job satisfaction and quality of life among palliative care nurses.
- Development and application of an overcoming compassion fatigue program for emergency nurses
- Impacts of support groups and coping to reduce nurse burnout
- Mindfulness training and burnout prevention among oncology nurses
- Passage meditation reduces perceived stress in nurses
- Explore Role of the Nursing Manager During a shortage of Nursing Staff in Elderly care home
- Exploring the role of Nurses antimicrobial stewardship programme in reducing antibiotics misuse and antimicrobial resistance