Air and Environmental Pollution Topics for Essays and Research Papers
Last Updated: 24 August 2023
Environmental pollution refers to the contamination of the biological and physical components of the atmosphere to the extent that normal environmental processes are negatively affected. According to UNEP, air pollution is one of the greatest environmental health risks that claims close to 7 million deaths annually.
While pollution is a menace, it is mostly caused by anthropogenic activities or activities done by man such as farming, industrialization, transportation, oil exploration, and other activities. To some extent, environmental pollution also naturally occurs.
Pollution is a threat to both humanity and the progress of flora and fauna.
As a high school, college, or university student, you can always be asked to write an essay or research paper about pollution. While many think an essay on air pollution or essay on the environment can be easy, choosing the best topic is never that easy.
We have compiled some of the environmental pollution topics to help you.
Argumentative and General Topics on Air Pollution
- Global warming is to blame for air pollution
- The public must be educated on air pollution
- Man is to blame for air pollution
- Air pollution affects man than other animals
- Air pollution is only a growing concern in the developing world
- There is a link between increased diseases and air pollution
- Can air pollution affect the mental state of a person?
- Policies and treaties have done little in preventing air pollution
- Air pollution impacts public health
- Can air pollution result in attention deficit problems in kids?
- Air pollution impacts are hugely felt in urban areas
- The increase in global population is to blame for air pollution
- Oil is still the primary air pollutant
- Natural air pollution
- Anthropogenic activities and air pollution
- Are developing countries at the receiving end of air pollution?
- The rich and industrialized nations should pay for causing the greatest share of air pollution.
- Can carbon sinks such as forests help in curbing air pollution?
- How forest fires cause air pollution
- Natural gas exploration and air pollution
- What is air pollution?
- Impacts of air pollution on college students
- The common air pollutants and their impacts on the environment
- Greenhouse gases as air pollutants
- Hazardous air pollutants
- Effects of lead on air quality
- How particulate matter affects air quality
- Impacts of air pollution on respiratory health
- Volatile organic compounds as indoor pollutants
- Radon, Mold, and Wood burning appliances and air pollution
- Effects of the air research grants in the policy process
- Benefits of mapping air quality
- Can green vehicles and cities affect air pollution?
- How air pollution causes acid rain
- Asbestos and air pollution
- Air pollution and road accidents
- Air quality in industrialized parts in India
- How air pollution is depriving citizens good health in India
Related: Best things to research and write a paper about.
Topics on Water Pollution
- Arsenic in water and its effect on health
- Can metallurgical slag efficiently and economically adsorb arsenic
- The changing profile of water pollution
- Impacts of increasing global population and water pollution
- Untreated waste as a water pollutant
- Impacts of oil spills on water
- Water quality in India
- Effects of microplastics on oceans
- Can nanotechnology help solve water pollution?
- Is ocean cleaning exercise effective in removing plastics?
- Water pollution regulations in the USA
- The Clean Water Act
- The Safe Drinking Water Act
- Groundwater quality monitoring process
- How lead pollutes water
- Impacts of invasive species on watersheds
- Hydraulic Fracturing or Fracking and water pollution
- How polluted runoffs affect rivers and oceans
- Climate change and water pollution
- Disasters and water pollution
- How soil pollution leads to water pollution
- Impacts of ocean pollution on human health
- Water pollution in Africa
- Groundwater contamination due to landfills
- Radioactive waste dumping and groundwater pollution
- The dangers of groundwater pollution
- How nitrates affect water quality
- Water pollution in Florida
- How plastic pollution in the oceans affect marine organisms
- Chemicals as a major pollutant of water
- River dumping as a source of water pollution
- Poor waste management and water pollution
- The countries with the highest levels of water pollution
Definition Essay Environmental Topics
- What are microplastics?
- Noise pollution and its characteristics
- Ecological footprint and how to reduce it
- Light pollution
- Thermal pollution
- Anthropogenic activities
- Acid rain and its consequences
- Eco-consciousness and its impacts on environmental pollution
- Environmental racism
- Habitat disruption
- The Environmental Impact Assessment process
- Define soil pollution
- Define chemical pollution
- Define marine pollution
Soil Pollution topics for Essays
- What are the types of soil pollution?
- The causes and effects of soil pollution
- Pesticides and soil pollution
- Chlorinated toxins and soil pollution
- Impacts of industrial pollution and oil spills on soil
- Irrigation and soil pollution
- Volcanic eruptions and soil pollution
- Effects of plastics on soil
- Anthropogenic sources of soil pollutants
- Community awareness as a soil pollution mitigation strategy
- Inorganic fertilizers and soil pollution
- Household waste and soil pollution
- Soil remediation technologies
- Use of nanomaterial to prevent soil pollution
- Impacts of farming systems on soil
- Impacts of soil pollution on agriculture
- How soil pollution causes world hunger
- The connection between soil pollution and natural disasters
- Natural processes leading to soil pollution
Global Environmental Pollution Topics
- International treaties on air pollution
- The carbon tax
- Corporate greenwashing
- The rise of environmental pollution
- The Basel Convention and hazardous waste
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES)
- International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships
- Kyoto Protocol to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants
- Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Law of the Sea
- Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution
- North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation
- International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling
- China Australia Migratory Bird Agreement
- FAO International Code of Conduct on the Distribution and Use of Pesticides
- Western Regional Climate Action Initiative
- Analysis of laws on carbon emission
- How China is solving environmental pollution
- Does the encroachment of the Amazon affect the environment?
- Oil pollution in the Arabian Gulf
- Coca-cola as the most prominent plastic polluter
- Role of state and non-state actors in environmental conservation
- Corporate social responsibilities of MNCs and ecological conservation
- Sound pollution in the industrial era
- The artificial islands of UAE and how they manage pollution
- Impacts of global climate change on the environment
You can access the list of environmental agreements, which can form a basis for an informative essay, persuasive essay, argumentative essay, discursive essay, expository or exploratory essay, or an informative essay.
General Environmental Pollution Topics for Essays and Research Papers
- Reducing air pollution at home
- Primary sources of river pollution
- Siltation as a threat to water ecology
- Is overpopulation to blame for environmental pollution
- Is pollution a price of developmental progress?
- Comparison of urban and rural effects of pollution
- The link between environmental pollution and world hunger
- Pollution is widespread in poor neighborhoods
- Renewable sources of energy as a rescue to ecological pollution
- The harms and benefits of the fertilizer industry
- Consumerism is to blame for the environmental crisis
- Pollution and mortality
- Impacts of environmental pollution on wildlife
- Corporates should pay a heavy price for pollution
- Pollution as a global economic failure
- Technology can help fight environmental pollution
Writing an Essay on Pollution
Students might find it hard to rush over an essay on environmental pollution. First, it is because there is too much information that causes confusion. Secondly, most students underrate essays on pollution as easy essays. The truth is that even an essay on what is pollution as simple as 150 words or even 500 words can make you sweat and wish to pay someone else to do the essay for you. We will highlight below a few tricks:
- Choose a good pollution topic that interests you, has information online, and is trending.
- Do in-depth research on some of the best and credible scholarly sources.
- Draft the essay beginning with the essay hook, introduction background, and the thesis statement. Then write the body paragraphs and the supporting points. Draft the conclusion as well.
- To write convincingly, always use ethos, pathos, and logos. Use statistics, credible sources, and facts to appeal to your audience.
- Use transition words between each paragraph to maintain a great flow.
- Keep it simple; there is no need to use jargon when you are writing.
- Proofread, edit, and revise the essay before submitting it.
If you feel like you need help with writing an essay, it is always great to ask for help. Gradecrest has experts who can help you write any homework. We have always helped students deliver great essays, research papers, and term papers. Our essay writers can expertly write your academic papers.� When you choose to buy environmental pollution essays online, we will assign your work to a writer who will write it from scratch. The writers also collaborate with you in writing the paper to perfection. Please do not wait until it is too late to chase the grade, get your essay done here!