Hottest and Latest Cyber security Research Topics
Last Updated: 13 August 2019
When growing up, every other person wanted to be a doctor or any other profession. However, today- thanks to the invention and advancement of computer technology- everyone wants to be a techie when they grow up.
With technological advancement comes the burden of cybersecurity, which must be critically thought and executed. We are experiencing many cybercrimes, including identity theft, hacking, and all sorts of data manipulation. Data science is becoming a giant, and thus, data needs enough knowledge to secure.
As a student pursuing a technology-related course, you will be tasked with writing a cybersecurity research paper. Choosing the best cybersecurity research topics is not only tough but is also tiresome.
Many students have asked us our insights on cybersecurity topics for research. And as the best research paper writing agency, we have always assisted. So, in this article, we explore some of the potent topics for your research paper on cybersecurity.
Also, if you find yourself struggling with cybersecurity research paper, essay, or assignment, we are sure our writers can help.
The relevance of this article on Research Paper Topics on Cybersecurity
A glance at the 2018 report on cybercrime-related threats reveals how important research topics in the field are.
This article answers the question of:
- “What are the current trending topics in cybersecurity?”
- “What are the trending research topics in cybersecurity?”
- “Which are the good project topics on cybersecurity?”
- “What is good cybersecurity master’s research paper topics?”
- “As an amateur, which research topics should I use for my cybersecurity research paper?”
Regardless of your level of academic, cybersecurity topics, we cover here can be used by high school, masters, undergraduate, and professional level researchers. Our list of cybersecurity research paper topics cut across different fields. Remember some active areas where cybersecurity is paramount include:
- Data security and privacy
- Cloud computing security
- Human-behavior based security
- Organizational security policy and management
- IoT security and privacy
- Computer and software security
- Mobile platform ad application security
- Biometrics security
These are but a few relevant areas of cybersecurity research that are trending.
Now, let’s dig into the real deal.
Research Paper Topics on Computer and Software Security
We are the best when it comes to research paper writing services. Here is a list generated by our research paper helpers.
- How antimalware software detects and prevents cyberattacks.
- Ransomware: its history, impacts, and remedies.
- Leading internet able antivirus software.
- Should organizations invest in strong antimalware?
- How do encrypting viruses work?
- What are some security measures in UNIX, Ubuntu, macOS, and Windows?
- Are hardware components of computers free from cyber-attacks?
- Firewall and how it helps in preventing network attacks?
- Cookies and Cybersecurity.
- File downloads and cybersecurity.
- Phishing and how it can be stopped.
- Internet security in social networks.
- Data encryption algorithms.
- The greatest cyberattack in the world
- Computer and internet security threats facing Apple Company
- The rise of bots and cybersecurity issues
- DDoS attacks on IoT devices
- How third party vendors can be a getaway to cyberattacks
- Reasons for shortages of skilled IT security officers
- Importance of cybersecurity audits on systems
- Cybersecurity administration process
- Cybersecurity challenges across the world
- Can cryptography help in fighting cyber fraud
- The five pillars of the global cybersecurity agenda
- Are there sufficient cybersecurity early detection and warning systems?
More Research Paper Topics on Cyber Security Management
- Can cyber attacks cripple the operations of companies?
- Legal mechanisms against cyber crimes
- Interagency intelligence sharing and collaboration in fighting cybercrimes
- The emergence of ethical hacking and its implications
- White hat and black hat hackers: who is who?
- What is social engineering, and why is it important?
- Dangers and advantages of unified user profiles.
- Does the centralization of data storage affect cybersecurity?
- Do companies with good data governance regimes survive cyberattacks?
- What are the critical components of data and IT governance?
- Responding to emergency hacking: steps and procedures.
- Two-step authentication and online fraud.
- Does a regular change of passwords affect the prediction of cyber-attacks?
- How malicious people use blackmailing and revenge porn on the internet.
- Motivations behind identity theft and other cybercrimes
Recent Cyber Security Research Topics
- Device synchronization and protection
- Intranet security essentials
- Impacts of data encryption on data quality and safety.
- Online Management, Experimentation, and GAme (OMEGA) of Large-Scale Networks.
- Would a ’Cyber Warrior’ Protect Us? Exploring Trade-offs Between Attack and Defense of Information Systems
- The rise of computer forensics. Is it significant in the digital era?
- Process of secure event processing.
- Stega analysis and steganography analysis
- RFID security systems
- Most enormous data breach in the 21st century
- Understanding the dark web and how it facilitates organized crime
- The social and security influence of social networks
- Data protection laws and cybersecurity
- Vulnerability analysis and reverse engineering
- Digital image processing in forensic analysis
- Digital forensic tools used in analyzing threats
- Understanding authorization infrastructures
- How to bar network attacks
- Risk management in computing
You can always get professionally written and published papers on cybercrime from Singapore Management University.
The list is endless, and from a rough Google Search, you will be able to land a handful of cybersecurity research topics. If for one reason or the other you are finding it hard to come up with a topic for your cybersecurity research paper, we can help. Please place an order with us and get the best paper writing experience.
Related article: Technology Research Topics for College Students