ASA Paper Format-Write Academic Papers Like a Pro
ASA citation format is considered by academics and scholars writing sociology research papers. The ASA paper format is used b authors writing manuscripts that are to be published in American Sociological Association (ASA) journals.
Like MLA, Harvard, Chicago, and APA citation styles, the ASA format citation differs depending on the source material in question.
What is ASA format/ASA paper format?
College students pursuing sociology are familiar with the ASA citation format. It is a widely used referencing style in social sciences. Mainly, students use it in writing sociology research papers. Sometimes, the ASA paper format is widely used when writing sociology essays.
Majorly, ASA paper format is used in collecting and compiling information from diverse sources. It is a typical style in articles or manuscripts that are meant for publishing in sociology journals.
Remember, failure to properly cite your work could lead to plagiarism. This alone is disastrous for your future career in sociology.
The Basics of ASA Citation Format
As previously noted, the use of ASA style depends on the source material. Notably, even though there are citation generators of citation machines online that help students automate the citation process, it is standard practice to possess an understanding of the ASA citation style.
A sociology manuscript has its own specifications:
- The text must be formatted in font 12 points, including the references and the footnotes.
- The margins should be 1” from all sides of the paper.
- You must have a separate title page for your
- The title page should include the name of authors, the word count, and a title footnote.
- Your paper should also have an abstract that is about 250 words or less.
In-Text Citations for ASA
Generally, the ASA citation format in-text citations include the author name and the year of publication. For example, (Brown, 2019: 23). The citation includes the page number in the in-text citation.
If an author’s name appears in the text, it should be followed by the respective publication year and the exact page number. For instance, considering the previous example: According to Brown (2019:23)…
A colon separates the year of publication and the page number.
If there are three authors, the first in-text citations should have their surnames, the year of publication, and the page number in parenthesis.
However, the subsequent citations should have the name of the first author and the words “et al.”
All the quotes should begin and end with quotation marks.
Use of Footnotes in ASA formatting Style
In ASA format avoid using the footnotes unless the assignment prompt directs that you do so. Nevertheless, if used, the footnotes should be numerically numbered using superscript Arabic numerals. The footnotes can be included at the bottom of the paper of as Endnotes in a separate page.
Find out how to cite sources in ASA format from this useful resource.
References or Bibliography in ASA Citation Format
- The ASA references must be in alphabetical order.
- When you reference any source in your text, make sure it appears in the reference page.
- The ASA citation format requires that all references are double-spaced.
- Each reference should have hanging indents.
- Surnames always appear first then the first name.
For example Author Last, First. Year of Pub. Title. City, State Abb. /Country of Publisher: Publisher.
- All the titles of books and periodicals need to be italicized.
- City and state are both used for publications. Ordinarily, this means that the foreign cities should feature the country name.
- When writing ASA sociology papers, make sure they follow the five-paragraph format.
ASA Format Citation Style Title Page
According to Harvard Business School, the title page of ASA format style papers should contain the:
- The name of the author
- Institutional Affiliation
- The title of the paper: The chosen sociology research paper topic.
- The complete word count
- Running head
- Title footnote featuring the names and addresses of the author, credits, acknowledgment, and any grant information.
ASA Header Format: Topics and Subtopics in ASA format
- First-level headings are all in caps and left-justified. Start using headings after the introduction.
- The first level heading should be in CAPA and be justified or centered.
- It should not be bold.
- Unlike APA, MLA, or Chicago format essays, you should never let the first heading be “INTRODUCTION.”
- Second-level headings are italicized, left-justified, and all words except prepositions and conjunctions are capitalized.
- Should always be in italics
- Centered or justified alignment is allowed.
- Do not bold.
- Use Title case for this.
- Third-level headings are italicized, indented, end with a period, and only the first word and any proper nouns are capitalized.
- Should be in italics
- Do not bold
- Left Justified or Centered aligned.
- Capitalize each word.
Get help with Sociology Papers written in ASA Paper format
Are you wondering how to write an essay in ASA paper format? You can hire our essay writing service and get the best research papers for sale.
Imagine ordering an ASA paper format sociology research paper and getting the best.
Our writers are experienced in academic essay writing. We pick the best writers with at least a Master’s degree.
When you order an essay from our essay writing website, it comes non-plagiarized and on time.
We treasure all our clients and offer the best custom essay writing service.
Order an ASA format citation paper today and get discounts.
Why miss a date, a party, or a match because of a sociology term paper. Get the best essay help online now.