Topics on Black Death to Inspire You
Last Updated: 20 January 2023
Occasionally, maybe in movies, history books, novels, or plays, you might have probably encountered the term Black Death. Of course, it brings to mind the pain, grim memories, and suffering in ancient times. Talk of chaotic mass graves, madness-allover, and devastation in the medieval city, there were many catastrophic effects of the Black Death.
Not even modern science has unearthed the casualties of the Black Death epidemic. However, there are claims and anecdotal evidence to suggest that it killed nearly twice as many people like those who lost their lives to World War II.
Could there at least be positive consequences you may ask? Well, maybe this list of Black Death essay topics will tell us more. If you come across bubonic plague essay topics, they are the same thing. However, for now; be our guest. In a few minutes as we take you through different categories of Black Death, essay topics.
What is the Black Death?
The Black Death was an epidemic that killed upward of one-third of the population of Europe between 1346 and 1353 (more on proportional mortality below). The Black Death was the Great Plague of 1665, which by some estimates killed fifteen to twenty percent of the population in certain locales.
Surprisingly, the medieval European social-demographic system rebounded from the Black Death. A common misconception is that black refers to skin discolorations accompanying the disease. However, Black is meant in the metaphorical sense of terrible. It is what we know as pestilence, in modern times.
If you are confused about the best Black Death essay thesis, find out more about Black Death by reading:
- Sample black death essay
- Sample Black Death book review of Black Death: The book is The Black Death, 1346:1353: The complete history by Ole J. Benedictow.
Our writers can also help you come up with a Black Death thesis statement that will catch the eyes of your professor. Talk to us.
Cause and Effects Topics on the Bubonic Plague
- The impacts of the Black Death in the emancipation of the European counties post the pandemic period.
- The main effects of the bubonic plague in China
- The causes and effects of the Black Death
- The role of Black Death in Protestant Reformation, a cause and consequences analysis
- Did the pandemics during medieval times affect the genes of Europeans
- Myths surrounding the Black Death
- Impacts of Black Death on Western Civilization
- Black Death and Religion
- The economic consequences of the Black Death
- How black death affected Feudalism
- Impacts of Black Death on society
- Social Responses to the Black Death
- How black death affected families
- The consequences of the Black Death on international relations
- Did the Black Death lead to the strengthening of medical research?
- The consequences of the bubonic plague on the European Export market
- Black Death as the genesis of the end of the Middle Ages
- Impacts of the Black Death on the Industrial Revolution
- Cultural and Spiritual consequences of the Black Death in the late Middle Ages
- Factors that led to the spread of the Black Death in Europe
- The genesis of the Black Death
- The impacts of Black Deaths on Disease Control and Emergency Management
- The impacts of the Black Death on immigration
Related Reading: Argumentative essay topics and ideas.
Compare and Contrast Black Death Topics
- Can Black Death be equated to Ebola or Coronavirus outbreak?
- Compare the management of the bubonic plague and a devastating international communicable disease outbreak (Zika Virus, Ebola, Coronavirusetc.)
- Compare the impacts of the Black Death on urban and rural populations
- Compare and contrast pneumonic plague and the bubonic plague
- Compare the position of the Catholic and Protestant churches pre-and post-bubonic plague
- Compare and contrast the perception of the Black Death among different cultures
- Compare and contrast modern and medieval definition and control of the bubonic plague
- Compare and contrast black death and smallpox
- How were the Great Plague and Black Death Similar?
- Black Death Vs. Ebola outbreak
- Justinian plague vs. Bubonic Plague
Expository Topics on Black Death/Bubonic Plague
- Black Death in London
- Black Death in India
- What caused the Black Death?
- Life during the Black Death
- Religious effects of Black death
- How Black Death inspired art
- Black death and its impact on agriculture and architecture
- How the black death changed medicine
- How did the Black Plague end?
- What were the perceptions of people on the Black Death?
- Bulbous Plague
- Positive impacts of Black Death
- Social effects of Black Death
- Bubonic Plague in New York
- How the Black Death affected Trade
- Was Black Death a hemorrhagic fever?
- Black Death and the Magna Carta
- Septicemic plague and treatment approaches
- How the Black Death response changed Emergency Response by nations
- Etiology of the Black Death
- White Penitents movement during the 17th-century pandemics
- Quarantine strategies used by Medieval cities during the Black Plague
- Does bubonic plague pose danger to modern society?
- Hypotheses of the Medieval people on the cause of Black Death
- Symptoms and progression of the Black Death
- Why Black Death stopped
- Is the black plague the first biological weapon?
- Main victims of persecutions during the pandemics
- Origins of the names Great Plague and Black Death
- The image of a plague doctor in modern pop culture
- Flagellants and the interpretation of Black Death
- How Medieval Europe could have managed the bubonic plague
- Italian cities' response to the Black Plague
- Black Death and Slavery
- Cultural effects of the Black Plague
English and Literature Topics on Black Death
- Influence of black death on medieval literature
- Canterbury tales of the black death
- The Influence of the Black Death on Medieval Literature and Language
- Analysis of Science, Alchemy, and the Great Plague of London by Scott Shelly
- The symbolism used in the painting Plague by Arnold BÃ¶cklin.
- Analysis of The Black Death poem by Matthew Henning
- Famous Black Death Paintings
- Black Death and Renaissance beliefs on death
- Black Death artifacts
- Famous poems about Plagues
- Guillaume de Machaut's Poem Jugement dou and Black Death
Important Books the Document the Black Death
- The Plague Pamphlets of Thomas Dekker By Thomas Dekker; F. P. Wilson
- Plagues, Healers, and Patients in Early Modern Europe by Eamon, William
- Hunting the Double Helix: How DNA Is Solving Puzzles of the Past by Anna Meyer
- The Black Death in Egypt and England: A Comparative Study by Stuart J. Borsch
- The Later Middle Ages, 1272-1485 by George Holmes
- Plantagenet England, 1225-1360 by Michael Prestwich
- The Story of Rats: Their Impact on Us, and Our Impact on Them by S. Anthony Barnett
- The Black Death: An Essay on Traumatic Change by Atlas, Jerrold
- Plague Bug Wasn't All That Fierce: DNA Analysis Suggests Living Conditions Fed Black Death by Bascom, Nick
- What a Pest: Why the Black Death Still Won't Die by Anthes Emily
- Historical Dictionary of Late Medieval England, 1272-1485 by Ronald H. Fritze and William B. Robison
- The Black Death: The Greatest Catastrophe Ever: Ole J. Benedictow Describes How He Calculated That the Black Death Killed 50 Million People in the 14th Century, or 60 percent of Europe's Entire Population by Benedictow, Ole J
- The Prospect of Global History by James Belich; John Darwin; Margret Frenz; Chris Wickham
- Events That Changed Great Britain, from 1066 to 1714 by Frank W. Thackeray; John E. Findling
- Science, Alchemy, and the Great Plague of London by Scott Shelley
- The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio
- Death and the Pearl Maiden: Plague, Poetry, England by David K. Coley
- The Black Death by Rosemay Horrox
- Encyclopedia of the Black Death, Volume 1, by Joseph Patrick Byrne
There you have it; these are some of the most common Black Death essay topics. However, we have twisted them around wittingly to help you write the best outlines for your term papers, thesis, research papers, and short essays on Black Death. If you have gone through the list and you feel like it is too much grim to write a paper on, we can help. You can order an essay online from us and we will assign the best writer. Gradecrest is the ultimate best when it comes to English essay writers!